It was 70° today.
WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?
Warm weather means that I start to think about summer, which means that I’m not thinking about homework, which means that I start to skip homework assignments, stay up late, and spend all my time outdoors. Which aren’t necessarily bad things, but there’s a time and a place for these kinds of behaviors. And March is NOT that time.
To curb my enthusiasm for summer (and this may backfire), I’ve started compiling a list of all the activities that I hope to take part in this summer. So, without further ado…
1. Read a book a week. Assuming I’m starting in May and ending in September, that means I can read 17 books by the end of summer.
2. Finish writing, compiling, and editing my Vienna and Jerusalem journals. If I don’t do it now, I’ll never get it done.
3. Finish my t-shirt quilt. This project has hung over my head long enough.
5. Visit Sammi in Florida. This trip will include the beach, Pitch Perfect 2, and talking for hours late into the night.
6. Backpacking. Whether in Glacier National Park or the Redwoods, I can’t wait to get away from the noise of everyday life for a week or two.
7. Finish my Utah hikes. I have a list of 50 of the best hikes within 50 miles of Salt Lake. I’ve done about 15 of them and I’m determined to finish the other 35. That means 2-3 hikes a week. BRING IT ON.
8. Visit Hannah in Texas and look for an apartment. Eek.
9. Work on my summer tan. There’s a pool about 50 steps from my front door. Hallelujah.
10. Study for and take the GMAT. I’m not exactly looking forward to this, but I’m excited to get it over with. I also need Zach to teach me the ins and outs of Excel. But I swear, this is the ONLY studying I’ll do all summer.
11. Practice the banjo. I’m starting to feel guilty for neglecting it all these months.
12. Yoga. It’s what gets me out of bed in the summer.
13. Spend time with my friends and family. Because that’s what life is about.